Thursday 10 February 2011

What a great fortnight!

I heard yesterday that the four interviews I have written over the past few weeks have all been accepted for the March issue of Combat. These were with Sammo Hung, Darren Shahlavi, Donnie Yen and Michael Jai White. I'm delighted for many reasons, not just for the acceptances sake (although it's always a delight to hear that your work has been taken) but the fact that they were taken by Combat and it was well worth staying up until well gone midnight and then getting up again at 3.30am to ensure that I hit the deadline!

Combat is the magazine that I first started writing for way back in 1984, whilst based in Hong Kong. I have written for them on and off over the years. I will be forever grateful to the editor, Paul Clifton, for having faith in me and giving me the chance to interview these amazing people and to further my writing career.

I'm still waiting to hear back regarding my series of three articles on digital publishing for another market but I have to say that working on these has really opened my eyes to how the market is changing and how it affects the new writer. The constant ebb and flow of the publishing world can easily deter even the most seasoned scribe and I believe that the information contained in these features will give many despairing writers hope and a realisation that, despite all, there is a growing market for our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment